Thursday, June 25, 2009

Introduction

*Reads newspaper

Oh, hi there! I didn't see you come in. My name is Andrew, and the intention of this blog is to discuss one of my favorite subjects: games.

To give a brief background on your humble blogger: I might be what you would call, an "addict" when it comes to gaming. In one form or another, like many others, I've been playing games my entire life. This has progressed from "mainstream" board games like Scrabble and Monopoly, to video games on PC and console, to more obscure board games like Puerto Rico and Race for the Galaxy.

It's safe to say that games, especially board games, are the most widely available outlet for competitive socialization. This two word phrase which I may have just coined, succinctly describes why my personality attaches to board games as a primary hobby. I like competition. I like socialization. I'd bet that there aren't many people who game that don't like both. As a result, the people in my life have become avid gamers as well, and we hold a game night once or twice a week.

So, again, using this site as an outlet, I will attempt to provide an analysis of all things game (It's the subtitle! Tying it all together, oh yeah.) which will range from game reviews, of both old and new favorites, some game theory discussion, some tips and tricks, and general rants!

Please feel free to comment, as I'd prefer this a collaborative site, and if there are any requests or suggestions, bring 'em on.

Coming soon: POST TWO: Return of the Lost Ark

No comments:

Post a Comment